We are the called, gathered and enlightened people of God. We seek to express our faith by gathering to worship and grow in our faith through the study of God's word and sharing in the sacraments. We respond to Christ's love by serving in our community and the whole world.
The statement of the mission of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Bryan, Ohio is - Guided by the Holy Spirit, Trinity Shows & Tells God's Love in Word & Deed with ALL!
We trace our roots back to 1864. Trinity Lutheran has been in existence since 1947 when St. Paul Lutheran of Bryan and Immanuel Lutheran of Ney merged to form a new congregation. Our first building on Center Street (now our Parish Hall) was dedicated in 1949. Our present worship center was dedicated in 1969.
Trinity is a member of -
- the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- the Northwestern Ohio Synod
- the Maumee Vallee Conference
- the Bryan Ministerial Association
Worship Times & Seasonal Changes
- Saturday - Worship with Holy Communion - 6:00 pm (except Holidays - Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, and Christmas)
- Sunday - Sunday School/Adult Classes - 9:15 am -10:15 am
- Sunday - Worship Services
Memorial Day to Labor Day - Worship Service with Holy Communion 9:30 am
After Labor Day to week before Memorial Day - Worship Service with Holy Communion 10:30 am
- Quarterly Service of the Word for Healing - 1st Thursday @ 7:00 pm (January, April, July, and October)
- Annual Blessing of the Animals - 1st Saturday 5:00 pm (October)
- Special Advent and Christmas Services announced in the church bulletin, Trumpet Newsletter, and online.
Music is a big part of our life here at Trinity. Adults and children are encouraged to participate in one of our choirs. The Children's Chime Choir is open to all 1st - 5th graders...if interested please contact Lynette Diaz.
General practice times - see the monthly Trumpet newsletter for details or changes.
- Chime Choir practice Wed. at 6:00 pm
- Sr. Choir practice Wed. at 7:00 pm
- Bell Choir practice Wed. at 8:00 pm
Choir Director & Organist/Pianist: Judy Lewis | Bell Choir Director: Lynette Diaz
There is a nursery available during Sunday worship services with adult supervision at all times. Please see the monthly schedule on the Trumpet Newsletter page for the nursery staff for a particular Sunday.
Our Mission in the Community
- Mission Partners Program - Salem Lutheran in Toledo, Ohio.
- Williams County Habitat for Humanity - Covenant Congregation
- WQCT 1520 AM - Radio broadcast every third Sunday
- Trinity Lutheran Choirs - Children's, Junior, Senior, and Bell Choirs
- Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church Association (WELCA)
- Esther Circle
- Missionary Sponsorship
- Bible Study and Parish Education
Trinity provides a meeting place for many community organizations such as AA, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Brownies, team football dinners, and more.